Pub. Date: 11/1/2017
******** Video Player Error: No playlist datasources have been configured ********
Scope and sequence: 8 weeks
Tru Fire Identity empowers middle school students to own their faith as they seek and respond to God, finding their identity in Him.
Components of a Tru Fire Identity Lesson:
Through the lens of the familiar Christmas story, this five-week miniseries focuses on the traditional virtues of Advent—hope, peace, joy, and love. Students will celebrate and anticipate the arrival of Jesus Christ our Savior as they discover the beauty embedded within the Christmas story—as we wait together, patiently, expectantly, and intentionally, we’re conformed to the image of the One for whom we wait.
Included in Tru Fire Identity:
- Connect with Faith Community: Students engage with leaders and one another through activities, questions, and personal testimonies.
- Connect with God: Students connect with God through His Word, worship, and an intentional time of silence as they learn to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit.
- Teach: Students encounter God, discover His character, explore His redemptive narrative, and hear from the Holy Spirit through relevant messages and innovative videos. Lessons are designed with comprehensive commentary and an exegetical teaching outline so leaders can prepare messages for their students.
- Respond: Students are encouraged to respond to God’s Spirit and what He is teaching them as they participate in discussions with their peers and leaders.
- Bless: Through prayer, a portion of Scripture, and words of encouragement, students are sent home with a blessing for their week.
- Customizable lessons
- Weekly videos to set up and frame the lesson
- At Home Weekly: A resource that equips parents to introduce the weekly God- centered topic and spend time together in God’s Word, prayer, and providing a blessing. Students will come to a Tru Fire Identity lesson ready to continue conversations about God that began at home.