Tru Fire Identity Psalms
Age level: Middle School
Pub. Date: 5/8/2017
Scope and sequence: 8 weeks
Tru Fire Identity
empowers middle school students to own their faith as they seek and
respond to God, finding their identity in Him.
is an 8-week series that introduces students to the book of Psalms for the sake
of worship in response to God’s character and movements in life. With “God is Worthy” as the
primary God-centered statement for the Psalms series, students will deepen their faith and make
it their own as they discover who God is, what He has done, and how we can worship Him in
response. Students will have the opportunity to own their faith as they bring the honest
details of their lives to the God who can powerfully transform them.
Components of a Tru Fire Identity Lesson:
Included in Tru Fire Identity:
- Connect with Faith Community: Students engage with leaders and one
another through activities, questions, and personal testimonies.
- Connect with God: Students connect with God through His Word, worship,
and an intentional time of silence as they learn to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit.
- Teach: Students encounter God, discover His character, explore His
narrative, and hear from the Holy Spirit through relevant messages and innovative videos.
Lessons are designed with comprehensive commentary and an exegetical teaching outline so
leaders can prepare messages for their students.
- Respond: Students are encouraged to respond to God’s Spirit and what
He is teaching them as they participate in discussions with their peers and leaders.
- Bless: Through prayer, a portion of Scripture, and words of
encouragement, students are sent home with a blessing for their week.
- Customizable lessons
- Weekly videos to set up and frame the lesson
- At Home Weekly: A resource that equips parents to introduce the weekly God-
centered topic and spend time together in God’s Word, prayer, and providing a blessing.
Students will come to a Tru Fire Identity lesson ready to continue conversations about
God that began at home.